Thursday, October 31, 2013

SpookySweet

http://www.flickr.com/photos/obsequies/10586436204/
I had great intentions to make more posts about the little bits and things relating to this Halloween, from decorations that were made to treats to bits of swapped goods. It didn't happen. This October has not been a good one and the bit of energy I do have is just spent on trying to be excited, creating things in order to distract myself.

A lot of painted bits were in the works this year including one of my new favorites. While hurrying along in the Dollarama one day, I rushed down the craft aisle for a mere bottle of black acrylic craft paint, I spotted a round wooden pumpkin shaped cut out, ready for painting. I knew exactly what to do with it. It was two dollars, and it was mine. Often a time I have oggled over vintage cardboard die cuts and never being able to justify spending way too much on cardboard, this was the perfect opportunity to have such a style without the price. It was hand painted with mere dollar store craft paints and a little time.

That's all for now. It's technically Halloween here, my pumpkin is glowing, and my asthma is acting up. Spooky greetings to all and to all a dreary night.

No comments:

Post a Comment