Monday, June 25, 2012

Picking Wildflowers

 Today was a rather awful day. I experienced a feeling of hopelessness after having such a wonderful offer come my way recently, just to have it yanked away. An opportunity that makes you full of hope, with so much to look forward to, and you can't help but plan. I was left simply feeling like a fool, thinking I should have listened to myself when I thought it was too good to be true. It was more than too good to be true.

Did I mention a rabbit ate my beet tops recently? Well, it did. I had to replant all my beets. Things could be a lot worse, of course, but that was one of those things that just added to the list of stressful little things happening recently. As cute as they are, I could have gone for some rabbit stew right at that moment.

There is an abundance of chives in my sweetie's backyard, as well as a massive asparagus plant. When I say massive, I mean almost as tall as his roof massive. There are these little bugs that seem to constantly cover the asparagus plant, and to me they look like angry ladybugs. I get a little chuckle out of it actually. Angry asparagus beetles. It almost sounds like a good title for a piece of art of something. 

Dustin and I took a drive out to one of his childhood spots today. There I got myself a wonderful batch of wildflowers and he got...well, he got wood ticks crawling up his legs. Eight of them to be exact. When things are awful it's nice to get out like that, just to get away from it all. The best part of the day was just getting away, and getting those wildflowers. Sometimes something as small as those wildflowers can make your day just that little bit better...


No comments:

Post a Comment