Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Summer Preview

Yesterday was the most beautiful day...a little preview of summer, of sorts. It was cloudy, but comfortably warm. It was the most unusual March day we've had in probably years. I believe almost all of our snow here is gone (hopefully for good) and we even had a thunderstorm. For some places this all may be normal for this time of year, but for here it is not. Not one bit. Normally we still have snow and it's just starting to warm up, and there's still a risk of snow storms. I suppose there still is a chance we could get a snow storm here...though you'd never know from this weather. We can only hope that the weather holds and it continues to be a beautiful early spring.

So I suppose St. Paddy's day was on Saturday...I almost forgot about it, though it's not a holiday I really celebrate, but I dressed in green nonetheless. It was an overall enjoyable day though. I stopped at the thrift shop again and paid 25 cents for two creepy plastic doll faces and some vintage sewing lace. Purchased some groceries, then got my free french vanilla from Tim Hortons. Gotta love that 'roll up the rim' deal they have. Now if only I could win the camera, 3d tv, or (better yet) one of the cars they have to give away. I can dream though, can't I?

Life carries on...

No comments:

Post a Comment