Saturday, July 9, 2011

Round, Round We Go

"Once upon a time, you were a friend of mine We used to sing songs, all night long And I trusted you, everything you said was true Now I can't get through to you, something's wrong"
-Trooper, The Thin White Line

I haven't been to the fair in a few years now. As much as I love the lights, the colors, the cotton candy and popcorn delights I just hate the crowds. I went to the fair yesterday with my father because Trooper was playing, Dad always liked Trooper, and I grew up listening to their Hot Shots album, which now resides in my little stack of old records.

Dad and I got to the fair about half an hour early, I snapped a few photos...but I just couldn't get into it. There were too many people there for my liking and I just found myself wishing I was at home staring at the ceiling. The show was okay, though the sound seemed funny and there was a spot in the middle of it where it was actually a little boring. Overall though, I suppose it was fine, heard some classics and on my way out I picked up a bag of cotton candy.

The bag of cotton candy sits on the desk next to me, barely touched. You know, as much as I adore candy...I actually don't eat that much of it. I love how fun and whimsicle candy themed things are, but I really prefer not to eat it much. Ahh, well.

After recent events, I'm not sure why, but I decided to finally get a cell phone. Nothing fancy, but it does have a cute little keyboard on it. Instantly I got the best ringtone ever - The Monster Mash. Yes, I'm the coolest. Though I never actually get any calls it'll be fun to hear that tune on the rare chance a call comes my way.

Where I was going with this post, I don't know. My head feels just about all over the place...and yet going nowhere at all. I'll leave it at that...Oh, and once again...no Caramilk bar for me...damn my poor memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment