Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cup O' Colors

I feel uneasy tonight. Last night I didn't get a lot of sleep, instead staying up and watching seemingly non-stop lightning. It was like a strobe light, extreme lightning. Lots of rumbling thunder, and random bursts of extreme wind. Now I do like a good thunder storm...but I just can't stand the wind, and when it gets extreme. I have a slight paranoia about tornadoes, even to the point of not being able to watch them on tv without having nightmares...which I did have quite often when I was younger.

When the storm seemed like it was calmed and perhaps over, it would suddenly start all over again, with wind switching directions. This continued on over and over and over. Once I finally got to sleep, I woke up a few hours later to more of it...and again later. I then had to wake up for a phone meeting...yes, I had a phone meeting. Weird. Needless to say, it was a fairly restless night for me.

On a seperate note, I started making paper mache masks for this years coming amazing festivities. By that, I mean Halloween. Now normally I leave my mask and costume making until much later than I'd like, but this year I'm planning early. Halloween feels like one thing I can really look forward to, something I can focus myself on. I pulled out what is left of my paint, and paintbrushes and worked up one mask already. It's not completely finished, I still have to seal it up, but otherwise it's one down. More sewing projects are being done, masks started, Halloween excitement building...perhaps some things are looking up.
The paint brush holder...it's been used as such for as long as I can remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment