Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Together We Go

Today was the first real spring day. Sunny sky, 70F in the shade, snow almost entirely melted (with the exception of some shady zones where it almost always takes ages to melt), and only a light breeze. All around, an almost perfect weather day. So for the first time this year I pulled out my knee socks and favorite orange mini skirt and didn't have to bother putting pants under them. No jacket. No hat. No scarf.

Dustin and I took a little drive to the lake to check out the water going through the dam. The water was flooding a bit in some areas, but it wasn't quite high enough for it to be going over the overflow spillway (which is my favorite part), much to my dismay. While we walked along the river, by the dam there were two black birds washed up on the shore, dead. It was sad, and yet...somehow beautiful. I took photos that turned out suprisingly well. It felt great to take a few photos again, it seems like I do it less and less. It's funny how much I've missed my Instax camera, it takes the most amazing photos.

Hopefully there will be more days like today in the days to follow, and hopefully many more drives and snapshots that will follow.
http://ash-bunny.deviantart.com/art/Together-We-Go-206549238
http://ash-bunny.deviantart.com/art/Death-and-other-such-dilemmas-206548517?q=gallery%3Aash-bunny&qo=1

No comments:

Post a Comment